When googled, I have seen that this story is floating around for some time. One thing I realised is if God gives you trouble it’s only to the level one can sustain and bounce back. Every person has problems in life let that be the richest person on planet or the poorest. But when God gifts you with a life and you don’t respect it, a price has to be paid.
Are we programmed to fear cockroaches?
As it turns out, the root of that fear often traces back to some traumatic experience in life, such as witnessing your mother scream at the sight of a roach. Often, that fear forms early, around the age of four or five.
Over the course of time, WorldCom, Tyco, and Adelphia were brought down as well. Not only this, but the government also went on to implement the Sarbanes-Oxley act of 2002 to make accounting and audit regulations more vigilant. The Wall Street could not keep their calm seeing this cockroach therefore, the trickle-down effect from a macroeconomic perspective came into play.
The Cockroach Theory for Self-development Response Vs Reaction
It’s not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me. In Physics, it is said that for every action, there is a reaction (Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion). Interestingly enough, I see The Cockroach Theory work in the banking crisis that India is facing currently. While RBI has been cleaning up the cooperative banks for a while now, the crisis at the large Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative bank, a cockroach in the present banking crisis had led to renewed attention.
- The New York Times cited that when at its peak, the shares were trading at $90.75 which plummeted to $0.25 at the time of the scandal.
- More so importantly, fear of the failure of the private sector banks can have devastating effects on the economy.
- Story telling is a very powerful tool to communicate and to instill strong values in people.
- Verify.Wiki found the oldest reference to Sundar Pichai being the source for the “Cockroach Theory” story on a twitter handle operated by a content marketing individual who used a fake name.
- We have already detected a few cockroaches biting the banking system of India and both the RBI and the government of India are equally responsible for the same.
It’s not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me. More than the problem, it’s my reaction to the problem that creates chaos in my life.” Through this we should learn the lesson that instead of reacting, we should always respond, whether dealing with finance, economics, or life. The Cockroach Theory by its name sounds so peculiar, too hilarious to be called a ‘theory’ in behavioural finance and economics. However, more shocking than the name of the theory is the fact that it has ability to incur long run damages from bank runs to depressions to global financial crisis.
Cockroach Theory- A beautiful speech by Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google Inc
Also, Google I/O conference is for developers to learn about new product launches of Google. Verify.Wiki found no references to any personal stories sundar pichai cockroach theory shared by Google executives. Also, when we contacted Google, they denied Sundar Pichai giving a speech on Cockroach theory at any conferences.
While scrolling down my Facebook page, I recently read an interesting article. Have you read the article on the cockroach theory for self-development by Sundar Pichai? The article is based on a story of what happened in a restaurant. The story tells of how a cockroach landed on one of the ladies in the group, and how she immediately reacts to this by screaming and wildly flailing her hands to rid herself of the cockroach. The cockroach jumps from one person to the next, and a waiter comes to the group’s rescue. Despite the fact that the cockroach also managed to land on the waiter’s shirt, his reaction was different.
No. Google CEO Sundar Pichai didn’t Narrate the Cockroach Theory Follow Verify
More than the problem, it’s my reaction to the problem that creates chaos in my life. Another blogger named Hari Rao  , claimed  he originally wrote the story on his blog site, not Sundar Pichai. Verify.Wiki found the oldest reference to Sundar Pichai being the source for the “Cockroach Theory” story on a twitter handle operated by a content marketing individual who used a fake name. The story might look pretty benign from the outer of it. But the bigger and deeper issue is that we are again subtly telling that women are fragile and reactive. These subtle innuendoes slow down the diversity and inclusion journey we have embarked on.
- Be it during our exams or interviews or be it during presentation in our meeting.
- It was the male service person who ‘responded’ to the situation finally in a composed manner.
- Here too, The Cockroach Theory fits in perfectly leading to the viscous cycle of bad news and trickling down effects in the economy.
- I realized that, it is not the shouting of my boss or the extra workload or the highs and lows of my relationship that’s causing disturbances in my life , but it’s my inability to handle the disturbances that disturbs me.
- I realized that, it is not the shouting of my father or my boss or my wife that disturbs me, but it’s my inability to handle the disturbances caused by their shouting that disturbs me.
The collapse of PMC, because of fraudulent transactions to HDIL through fictitious accounts and violating banking regulations exposed the presence of other cockroaches as well. RBI also cancelled the license of Mapusa Urban Cooperative bank for financial failure. More so importantly, fear of the failure of the private sector banks can have devastating effects on the economy. The Indian forum cited, “These banks were licenced amidst huge hype and expectations, yet nearly half of them have run into financial trouble.” The case of Yes Bank wasextremely shocking which is the next big cockroach in our story.
What is the myth in fate of a cockroach?
Myth: A roach can survive for a long time without eating
The Facts: This is true, for most roaches can go up to a month without food but will die in a week if deprived of water.